Friday, November 19, 2010

S &J

Photobucket


"I was alone with Serge by the dance floor, so I asked him to dance. He walked on my feet and I thought 'ooh gosh that's charming, he doesn't know how to dance, how wonderful, I love men who don't know how to dance'.

"What I'd taken for arrogance was extreme shyness."

The night became more magical when Gainsbourg took Birkin on a tour of his favourite Paris haunts and they drank champagne until 6 o'clock in the morning.

Back at the Hilton Hotel, Birkin left Serge lying "plastered" on his bed and crept out and bought a "little 45 record called Yummy Yummy Yummy (I've Got Love In My Tummy)".

"I stuck it between his toes, went back to my Hotel Esmeralda, pure as driven snow, and then I realised that he was quite an extraordinary person."

Above is a story about the night they fell in love, Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg. And below is the scene from the movie "Slogan" that they first met.

So cute! Could you imagine stuck a record between your boyfriend toe the night you fell in love ?

love,

Pan's Holiday

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...